Friday, November 6, 2009

Here is a post specifically for the Technology in the Arts course. Kind of off the mark of my intended interest for starting a blog but we do what we have to do sometimes, eh? So. . . . a comparison of web browsers. Doesn't really inspire me but dancing as water-skeeters skimming the surface of a pond in a gloriously sunny dance space did this morning! Well, to be honest I really like to keep things simple. I don't like a lot of "stuff" taking up space in my house, I don't like a lot of clutter swimming around in my bag, and I don't like a lot of icons that go unused on my desktop. So, I have to admit that I was reticent to add more browsers to my computer because Internet Explorer has worked just fine for me for many years so why add more programs, browsers, etc. that I will probably not use? But, being the good little student that I am I added Firefox to my computer at the request of the teacher.

So I have given it a chance, used it as a browser for a while and I see some value in having another browser for options. Some of the functions are a bit more easily managed in Firefox as compared to Internet Explorer and I like that. It may just be in my head but Firefox does seem to run faster on my computer and have less problems. So, I guess it is good to check out other browsers to discover if you like some more than others. I like the design of the icon with the swirly fox tail better than the boring internet explorer one. I'm using it right now and I think that it is easier to go back and forth between pages on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment